Recently the Tamil Nadu Government had announced the “AMMA TWO WHEELER SCHEME” to empower working schemes. The scheme enables the working women to buy women-friendly two-wheeler at a subsidized rate.
Ideally, the strategy helps working women to travel to work quickly. Under the project, the only auto geared or gearless vehicles are included as the main list of the scheme is the easy usability. Under this article, you can find all the scheme’s details, including eligibility, scheme benefits, and the process to apply.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2020-2021 For Working Women
In February 2018, the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme was launched for the development of working women. The project was specially developed for the short section of society. Eligible applicants can avail discounts under this scheme on a two-wheeler purchase of up to Rs.25000 or a maximum of 50%, whichever is lower.
Additionally, differently-abled women can also avail three-wheeled retrofitted two-wheeler. Either through bank loans or own funds, applicants have to bear the remaining cost of the two-wheeler.
Operational Guidelines for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme for Working WomenGuidelines-English
What Are The Advantages Of This Women Two Wheeler Scheme?
Tamil Nadu’s government wants to empower working women through this initiative. The scheme mainly focuses on the underprivileged section of the society. Some of the benefits of the two-wheeler scheme are:
- Every year, at least 1 lakh women can be benefitted.
- The government provides free funds for the purchase of AMMA scooter.
- The government also offers a subsidy of RS. 25000 or 50% of the cost of the scooter, whichever is lower.
- The scheme applies to rural as well as urban areas of Tamil Nadu.
- The subsidy under the scheme will be directly credited to the beneficiary’s bank account.
- Differently-abled women can avail of the retrofitted three-wheeler scooter.
- For the remaining amount, applicants can avail of bank loans or pay through their funds.
Eligibility criteria for AMMA Scooty scheme:
The Tamil Nadu Government has specified eligibility criteria for applicants to apply for the Amma two wheeler scheme.
- Age:18 to 40 Years
- Annual Income: Rs.2,50,000 is the maximum limit
- Education: Applicant must have appeared for Class 8th Examination (Passed/Failed)
- Driving License (DL): Valid Two-Wheeler Driving License/Learner’s License (LL)*
Eligible Beneficiaries under the Two-wheeler scheme:
Besides the eligibility criteria, there are beneficiaries that the government has mentioned under the two-wheeler AMMA scheme. Some of the details are:
- The scheme is especially beneficial for women who have engaged actively either at the individual or group levels for employment or a livelihood wage.
- Women who travel long distances regularly.
- Women whose earnings are the primary source of family income.
- Women who are registered as workers under organized and unorganized domains of any industry.
- Women who are employed in shops and establishments.
- Self- employed women engaged in small trades.
- Women who work on consolidated salary, daily wages, private institutions, contract employment in Government Aided Organizations, government projects, or community-based organizations like Village Poverty Reduction Committees, Panchayat Level Federations, and Mavatta Makkal Kattral Maiyam.
- Banking correspondents and ASHA workers.
- The topmost priority is given to Unmarried aged above 35 years, Transgenders, SC/ST, Household heads, living in hilly areas or remote regions, Widows, and Differently Abled.
Tamil Nadu’s government had issued a circular stating the details of the reservation quota under the scheme. Some of the pieces are:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||21%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Differently-Abled||4% (All Categories)|
Application form For The Amma Two Wheeler Scooty Scheme:
The procedure for filling the form under the Amma two-wheeler scheme is:
Ideally, the Amma two-wheeler scheme is also known as Amma Scooty Yojana. Step By Step application process is given below:
- Firstly, the applicants need to print out the application form from the official web portal http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/.
- If anyone doesn’t want to print out, then he or she can get it for free at block offices, Collectorate and Urban Local Body Offices.
- After getting the application forms, the applicants need to fill the form and submit it in the respective block offices Urban Local Body Offices.
- You can either post it through speed post or submit it in the face.
- These offices feature a dedicated counter where one can submit the application forms on all working days from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- Additionally, after submitting the form, the applicants will be provided a unique specification number and acknowledgment receipt.
Application Form Process For Urban And Rural Areas:
If you live in rural or urban areas, you can download the form from the official web portal or visit the Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women.
Form filling process:
- In the specific area, you need to paste the passport size photograph.
- Then you need to fill in all the mandatory requirements like your name, district name, personal details, father’s or husband’s name, and residential address.
- You also need to enter other information like the type of scooter you want to buy and mention the payment process through a loan or your payment.
- Furthermore, the invoice quotation can also be enclosed by you. Don’t forget to mention your bank savings account.
- Lastly, please enter the date, place, and submit the form by attaching your signing.
Required Documents List:
- Certificate of income either issued the employer or self -attested.
- Employment proof employer or project head should issue it.
- Aadhar card.
- Educational proof the applicant must have appeared for the 8th standard exam and should have a transfer certificate.
- Age proof that includes birth date.
- Residential proof should consist of Aadhar Card or utility bills.
- Learner’s License Registration (LLR) or driving license is issued by the competent authority.
How To Claim Subsidy For Tamil Nadu Two Wheeler Scheme?
After completion of the physical verification of the vehicle’s purchase receiving the registration certificate, the subsidy will be released through the AMMA 2-wheeler scheme. The subsidy scheme released will be deposited in the Applicant bank account.
- You need to enter the application number and your personal details, including address, name, father or husband’s name, the manufacture date of the vehicle, etc.
- In the next step, you need to enter the registration number of the vehicle, registration date, etc.
- Also, you need to provide your DL details.
- specify if you have purchased the vehicle through a bank loan or you have financed it by yourself. You also need to specify the loan details if you have purchased the scooter through a loan.
- Furthermore, while making a claim, you need to enter the bank details, including account type, IFSC code, bank account number, and then lastly enter the subsidy amount.
- Lastly, before submitting the form you need to sign and the subsidy form and make sure you get the bank manager’s sign and stamp.