Initiated by the Karnataka government, SSP Scholarship, otherwise known as the State Scholarship Portal. The SSP scholarship is one of the most popular scholarships available for students across Karnataka. The primary aim behind this scholarship is to provide both the pre-matric and post-matric students under the Government of Karnataka to get the desired stipend.
Karnataka SSP Scholarship 2021
The SSP scholarship works under the governance of multiple departments under the Government of Karnataka. It helps underprivileged students get the right guidance in their life despite their economic status. The scholarship targets the financially backward classes spread across multiple categories of SC, ST, OBC, EBC, and the minority community.
The primary aim behind the SSP Scholarship is to help the financially distressed yet meritorious students. With so many students struggling to get themselves through the next phase of growth in their lives because of the lack of money, the SSP scholarship helps them get through the same without any hassle at all.
It supports the minority students, who come from low economic status and need support for their further studies.
What Are The Benefits of the Karnataka SSP Scholarship?
Since the SSP scholarship is provided by the state government of Karnataka, there are chances that the SSP Karnataka Scholarship might not include all the necessary benefits that you are likely on the lookout for.
One of the highlights of The SSP Scholarship is the benefits that the students get. Some of them include:
- The students currently pursuing their M.Phil receive financial aid of INR 8000 on the completion of their research.
- Similarly, the students pursuing their Ph.D. degrees are awarded INR 10,000 at the end of their research work.
- The financial grant under this scholarship is provided via the Direct Benefit Transfer and takes care of the student’s tuition fees along with the associated expenses that the student bears.
Types Of Scheme Under The SSP Karnataka Scholarship
Generally, The SSP Scholarship is divided into two categories which are pre-matric and post-matric scholarship.
For the pre-matric type, it covers the needs of the students currently in their school while the post-matric type of scholarship generally takes care of the students in their college or post-graduate degrees.
Karnataka Government also has another portal for scholarships. which is the ePASS Scholarship. Listed Number Of Scholarship Under The ePASS Karnataka Scholarship.
What are the eligibility criteria for the SSP Scholarship?
Following the types of SSP Scholarships available, we must discuss the eligibility criteria involved in this scholarship variant. The eligibility criteria generally vary depending on the type of scholarship that the student is availing.
Generally, it varies on whether it’s a pre-matric scholarship or a post-matric scholarship.
Eligibility criteria for pre-matric scholarship:
- The students should acquire a minimum of 50% marks in the previous qualifying exam.
- The family income of the applicant should be less than 1 lakh per annum.
- The applicant should be studying in a specific stream or course after the 10th.
- The applicant must be a domicile of Karnataka.
Eligibility criteria for post-matric scholarship:
- Students need to acquire a minimum of 50% in the preceding exam.
- The family income of the applicant should be less than 2 lakhs per annum.
- The student must be a domicile of Karnataka.
What are the required documents for the scholarship registration process?
Following discussing the eligibility criteria for the SSP Karnataka Scholarship, the next thing to discuss are the required set of documents for the application. Much like the eligibility criteria, even the set of documentation required for the process is different for the different types of SSP scholarship.
- SAT identification number.
- Aadhaar card number or the EID of the student or parent.
- Mobile number.
- Income certificate.
- Bank account number.
- NSP Scholarship ID.
SSP Post-matric scholarship
- College registration number of the student.
- Aadhaar number of the student.
- Mobile number of the student/parent.
- Income and caste certificate.
- E-authenticate documents.
- Disability card number issued by the Government.
Complete Registration Process of SSP Karnataka Scholarship
The SSP Matric scholarship is an online application that you need to sort out accordingly. If you are applying for the first time, here are a few important steps that you need to follow.
- Start by visiting the official website of State Scholarship at https://ssp.postmatric.karnataka.gov.in/
- Once you are on the website, you can go in and Create an Account link that is available on the top left corner of the website.
- You can then select the scholarship type that you want to enroll in and enter your SATS ID and then select the Get Data button.
- Then, submit your mobile number and verify the number with the OTP.
- From there, you can save the User ID and the password for the future.
Online application for new candidates
- Once you are done with the login process on the government portal, you can then proceed with the application submission.
- Start by logging into the account on the Karnataka government portal and then open your Student Account.
- From there, you need to enter the Aadhaar details and the Student NSP ID along with the income and the caste certificate of the student.
- From there, you can Save and Proceed with the same.
- The students then need to e-sign in with the OTP on the registered mobile number.
- From there, take a print out of the acknowledgment and then submit the same to the respective school.
What is the renewal process for the SSP Scholarship?
For the renewal candidates:
- Once you have logged into the student account, proceed to the renewal form link
- From there, you can fill in the required details and then submit the application form for renewal
How can students check their scholarship status?
For the students who have applied for the SSP Scholarship, they can check the status of their scholarship at https://ssp.karnataka.gov.in/studentstatusreportforstudent.aspx.
This webpage requires the SATs number along with the year of application for the student to check whether they have qualified and have been selected for the scholarship.
The SSP Scholarship is hands down one of the best available scholarship programs for the students in Karnataka. Not only does it promote education, but it also helps shed light on the darkness of the student’s lives who are in dire need of help. If you fit the eligibility criteria mentioned and you think that you need the help to further your career, make sure that you apply online immediately.