Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2020-21 : Registration Process, Last Date, Benefits, And Many More…
With so many meritorious and privileged students in the country, it is not surprising that the government does have a set of amazing scholarships to further propagate their career on the right path. The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is one of them. Provided by the West Bengal Government, this is provided to the students who have secured 75% and above in the prior board examinations.
It is officially known as the Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship and was previously termed as the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship. In case you do plan on applying for this scholarship, all the formalities are done online.
For the tenure of 2020-21, the scholarship is going to be provided to the students who have successfully cleared their higher secondary, Class 10 Madhyamik or are graduating in the fields of B.Tech, MBBS, Diploma, Nursing, Ph.D., or even M.Phil.
Purpose of The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Given that India has a score of deserving but privileged students, this scholarship helps bring out their talent to the world. With the monetary aid, it allows the students to excel in their higher education without any kind of backlog.
It is a completely online scholarship program that bridges the gap between the lack of funds and the talent the student has. The sole target of the scholarship program is the students who are still in school and need funds for their higher education.
The top targeted students under this scholarship program include:
- Higher-Secondary Students.
- Undergraduate Students.
- Diploma Students.
- Postgraduate Students.
- Ph.D. Students.
How Much Amount Student Will Get In SVMCM Scholarship Scheme?
The candidates who qualify for the SVMCM Scholarship are immensely compensated for their capabilities without a trace of doubt. The stipend under this scholarship program generally starts from INR 1000 and can go up to INR 8000 for the M.Phil students.
The benefits of this scholarship program include:
- Selected students are awarded a scholarship amount of up to INR 8000, depending on the course that the student is currently studying.
- The students in the post-graduate students are given up to INR 2500 Per month.
- Students under Ph.D. and M.Phil programs are awarded up to INR 8000 Per month.
- The students in higher secondary education are rewarded with up to INR 1000 Per month.
- The students studying in Engineering and professional courses are given up to INR 5000 Per month.
- The students in the undergraduate medical degree are given INR 5000 Per month.
What Are The eligibility criteria For the Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship?
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship generally are for a wide range of students and not just for the ones graduating. Some of the common eligibility criteria for the scholarship include:
- For HS students: acquired at least 75% marks and passed from a board-certified stream of Arts, Science or Commerce.
- For Undergraduate students: acquired at least 75% marks in the first year of graduation (be it in any stream).
- Diploma students: acquired at least 75% marks in the qualifying exam after their Madhyamik and enrolment in a diploma college.
- Postgraduate students: acquired at least 53% in the Honours subject or 55% for the Engineering students.
- For Kanyashree K3 students: must get at least 45% marks in the undergraduate program.
- Family income: the gross family income of the students applying for this scholarship shouldn’t exceed INR 2,50,000 per annum.
How To Apply Online Application For Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship online application Registration Process is divided into four different stages. The step-by-step procedure includes:
- First of All Open The SVMCM Official Website And Register Yourself. https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/
- Once the registration process is done online with the unique applicant ID that is given to every candidate which is used to further go on with the application process.
- The candidate needs to follow along with the instructions and fill up the details and set up the profile.
- The candidates interested in the K3 must fill the authentication form separately.
- Image and Signature
- Once the profile is set up and the basic registration is completed, the candidate then needs to upload their image and signature.
- The image and the signature should be a scanned copy and should be in the JPG/JPEG format.
- The file size of the image shouldn’t cross 20kb.
- Once that is done, the candidate then needs to move forward to the documentation process. All the copies of the documents (mentioned above) should be scanned and should be uploaded in PDF format with a size limit of 400kb.
- The documentation for the fresh and renewal applicants is different and we have mentioned that above.
- The last step of the application process is the submission process.
- Once you are done with it, you can download two copies of the final registration form. One copy is for the candidate and the other copy is for the institution.
I Know Still Have a Little Bit of Confusion In Your Mind So, Don’t Be Panic Here Is Some Official Guideline It Will Help You To Register Your Self For Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme.
Important Document List
For All Type Of Scholarship, The Documents Are Play Vital Role. Because Without Document, Authority Can’t Recognize You Are Real Person Or Fake. So, You Have To Provide Some Documents Which Is Asked By Scholarship Provider. Below I Have Maintained the Documents Name So, You Can Figure it Out Easily.
The required documents for the application process include:
- Madhyamik Examination Marksheet or an equivalent report card.
- Marksheets of all the previous qualifying examinations.
- Income certificate of the family.
- Blank passbook copy showcasing the Account No. and IFSC code.
- Domicile certificate by the concerned certificate.
In case this is a recurring application, the candidate needs to submit the mark sheet of the last qualifying exam and the receipt of admission to the higher class.
With all the basic information out of the way, the next thing we need to focus on is the selection process. It includes:
- Once the registrations are done, the online applications are sorted out into salient categories and are then sorted based on the acquired marks and the family income of the candidates
- Once that is done, the merit list with the eligible candidates is put up and the scholarship is then distributed to the candidates from thereon.
How To Submit Renewal Application Form For SVMCM Scholarship?
The renewal procedure of the scholarship is pretty simple. It is available on the official website and the application of renewal needs to be submitted within one month of the candidate’s admission to the next higher class.
As for the eligibility, the candidate needs to pass their semester examinations in a single attempt and score a minimum of 60% in the undergraduate level and 50% in the postgraduate level. The candidate can further keep a check on their application’s status online.
- First Of All Open The SVMCM Portal Which Is: https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/
- Login To Your Account By Using Applicant ID And Password.
- Goto The Application Details And Fill Up Basic Details Passport Photo, Signature, And More.
- After That, Press The Save And Continue button.
- Fill Up The Bank Details.
- After That, Press The Submit Application Form Button.
The SVMCM scholarship is one of the best initiatives by the West Bengal government to cater to the needs of the meritorious students. The interested and eligible candidates can apply online and avail the benefits of the program.