The UP Ration Card is a document which is issued by the Government of the State that acts as evidence of nationality. It is an essential document that serves as proof of identity and indicates economic status.
Everything You Should Know About UP Ration / Rashan Card
It is a voluntary document and not necessary to obtain for any person. Still, people usually apply for it as a well-accepted proof of identity, and this scheme lets individual’s access to different government benefits. UP Ration cards have several categories that are issued by an individual’s earning power. Different states have distinct programs, but they are based on the annual income of a family.
Ration cards are distributed based on the total family members, and each category of the ration card calculates the individual’s right to such rationed items. Individuals with higher earning potential (as defined by the State Govt) cannot receive rations at a subsidized rate.
WHY RATION CARD IS A NECESSARY?
Undoubtedly, one of the most vital documents that an Indian has is the Ration Card. In most cases, the Ration Card is a multi-functional card that helps. Whether it’s about having residential evidence or proof of personal identity, a Ration card helps everywhere. Here we will discuss some of the characteristics of a cardholder that a Ration card carries.
WHAT IS THE BENEFITS OF RATION CARD?
- Evidence of Identification: The ration card is used to prove one’s identity, and the ration card serves as proof of identity in the use of government services provided to state residents. It also serves the entire family as proof of identity as it provides information on the number of family members, income levels, number of children, gender, photos, etc.
- Residence Evidence Paper: In the case of proof of residential address, a credit card is required to obtain loans from banks and be used as proof of residence when purchasing or selling land. The Aadhaar card can also be connected to your ration card; then, your bank account can be linked to the above.
In the following cases, ration cards can be used:
- It can serve as proof of residency and can form the basis for the creation of other cards. You can use the Ration Card as legitimate evidence anywhere you need proof of residency. When applying for other cards like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, etc., you can use it.
- We have already covered information about all NaMo Government systems; you can use the Ration card in all of them.
- A ration card can also function like personal evidence that can be used in a similar way when you use other proofs of identity, such as a voting card.
- Ration cards allow Indian citizens to take advantage of NFS’s project’s offers/discounts (National Food Security). You will benefit from all these discounts from your local ration card depots, generally known as fair price stores.
- You can use it when you open a new bank account.
TYPES OF RATION CARD
4 VARIOUS TYPES OF RATION CARDS IN INDIA:
- Priority household (PHH) ration card: This card is given to households that meet the state governments’ eligibility criteria. Each household having a priority ration card is entitled to a monthly allowance of 5 kilograms of food grains per member.
- BPL Ration Cards: This kind of card is particularly appropriate for those who fall below the poverty line group below. Red is the color of this card. Low-income families can get the necessary goods and food grains at subsidized rates by opting for these cards. With this card, up to 25 kg of essential commodities can be used each month by families.
- APL Ration Cards: This kind of card is particularly appropriate for those who fall under the poverty line described above. The color of the card is blue. By using these cards, low-income families can get the necessary goods and food grains at subsidized prices. With this card, up to 25 kg of essential commodities can be used each month by families.
- AAY Ration Cards: The most impoverished families in the society of Uttar Pradesh are issued this sort of card. Yellow is the color of this card. This ration card will allow families to buy 35 kg of vital commodities and food grains.
WHO CAN REQUEST A RATION CARD APPLICATION?
- The Ration Card can be requested by any person who is a Bonafede citizen of India. Minors are included in the parents’ passport, i.e., children under 18 years of age. A person over 18 years of age may, however, apply for a separate ration card.
- Only a ration card can be requested by any person who is a legal citizen of India. The applicant should not possess ration cards in other states and should not have any other family cards in the same state.
- These are distributed based on the total members of a family, and each category of the ration card calculates the right of a person to such rationed products.
NAME THE RATION CARD FORMS
- Ration cards below Poverty-Line(BPL)
The BPL ration card is a color-separated blue/yellow/green/red card depending on the right to different beef, fuel, and other products.
For persons who are over the poverty line, the white ration cards are used.
Application Form For Rural Area
WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND REQUIRED DOCUMENT FOR UTTAR PRADESH RATION CARD?
- Permanent Residence of Uttar Pradesh.
- Candidates Should Not Have Any Ration Card.
- BPL /APL Family Only.
- You should be a Head Membe of Family.
- The minimum age limit should be 18 years not less than that.
Required documents For the Ration Card
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Caste Certificate
- Gas Cylinder Book
- Income Certificate
- PAN Card
- Passport size photo
- Previous Electricity Bill
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR UP RATION CARD?
- Firstly, visit the Department of Food & Logistics’ official website at https://fcs.up.gov.in/.
- You Will Find Application Form Link On Homepage.
- In the Application Form Page. Have Two Option For Getting Ration Card Form Which Is Application Form For Rural And Urban.
- So, Print Out The Application Form According To Your Area.
- Next, fill in all the details necessary and attach all the required documents and submit the application form to the regional CSC center or Tehsil.
- Please Do Not Forget To Take Receipt Of Your Submission Form.